- Soak Rava in medium hot water for 4 hrs.
- Soak dal in plain water for 4 hrs.
- Make a fine paste of Urad dal & keep aside.
- Drain hot water from the rava & wash with cold/plain water.
- Take a handful of rava & tightly squeeze the water out of it & add it to the urad dal paste. Continue untill all the rava is done.
- Add Salt to it & mix well.
- Leave OVERNIGHT in a warm place for fermentation.
- Steam the batter in Idli stand for 8-10 mins & serve hot with coconut chutney & Sambar.
NOTE: Donot add too much water while grinding urad dal. The paste should be of medium consistency to make soft Idlis.